Tuesday, 28 May 2013

Bank holiday project

I should have been finishing the T- shirt I started 2 weeks ago, but I've lost interest! It doesn't look very nice as T-shirt, looks more like part of a cosy pajama set.

So instead of finishing this, I started a dress for our girls night out on Saturday night. I'm using New Look pattern 6824, the same pattern that I'm using for my college project. However, this time I'm doing the flared skirt rather than the fitted and I've taken 10 cm off the bottom. The bodice has princess seams and I've picked the higher neckline design as I don't want to look too tarty with the short skirt. It's also going to have capped sleeves.

I've decided to try a bright red poly-cotton fabric that a bought from Amazon and I'm lining it with regular anti static lining. I wasn't sure if this would work as it look more like tablecloth fabric! But I have made up the bodice and tried it on, it looks petty cute.

I also bought some long pins with heart shaped heads and I love them! I don't need to use as many, but they are easier to remove. (note to self: buy some more!)
Putting in some tailor's tacks
Tacked princess seams 

Super cute long pins with heart- shaped heads.
Soooo easy to remove whilst sewing 

No comments:

Post a Comment