I've had a bash at a few patterns! These are the first items that I have made.
I made this skirt from a New Look sew new easy pattern, 6004. It was supposed to be quick and simple, but I spent many hours on it, and that was just figuring out the pattern. But I got there in the end!
Then I tried another New look pattern (A6053) to make this skirt. It took a bit more than the 2 hours that it quoted but I'm new to this! I learnt alot from this pattern. You can't see in the picture but it has a zip, lining and darts. This was a very good second project and I learnt alot from it! The outer shell of the skirt was made from a really beautiful and delicate material. Unfortunately it's a little too delicate for a skirt, but as I've made the skirt a little on the big side I'm going to give french seams a go to see if this works any better.
I then thought it would be a good idea to have a bash at a bag:
I got this pattern free from a website called 'Sew Spoiled'. This was reasonably easy to make and I learnt a lot about interfacing! I put interfacing on the lining to give it a bit more structure, this looked great until I had to turn the lining round and pull the bag through it. This crumpled the lining and has left it with a less than satisfactory finish. I plan on fixing this, because apart from that the bag looks really good.