Sunday, 7 July 2013

Simplicity 2594

This was a reasonably easy pattern to follow, there weren't many steps, although I rarely follow a pattern all the way to the end now.

The 'V' was a little troublesome. The first attempt I had to un-pick it and try again. The second attempt worked, but it's not as sharp as it probably should be.

Towards the end of the instructions it tells you to top stitch the 'V', but I didn't. I felt as though if I had it would have looked a little too hand made. The way that I stitched the facing to the neckline enabled it to sit nicely without any requirement for top stitching anyway. I also didn't cut notches out as you would have seen it through the top, I just trimmed it back instead.

I'm quite pleased with the way this top has turned out, even if my boyfriend does think it looks more like a pyjama top!

You will see that my top is modelled on my new assistant - a wonderful birthday present from my Dad and Step Mum, along with my new label...

No comments:

Post a Comment